Hot and Cold Stone Massage in Birmingham
What is Hot and Cold Stone Massage Therapy?
Hot stone massage is a remarkable treatment that helps to relax the body and mind. The heat from the stones penetrates deep into the muscles causing them to relax. This allows for deeper tissue work to relieve tight muscles. This is great for those who desire a deep tissue massage whilst preferring a more gentle touch.
Hot stone massage is excellent for melting away tension, reducing stiffness in the body and improving circulation. The warmth of the treatment is very comforting and extremely relaxing.
How can Hot Stone Massage help me?
- Stress relief
- Pain relief
- Reduction in muscle tension and tightness
- Deeper tissue work due to the penetration of heat into the tissues
- Stimulation of blood and lymph circulation
- Improved sleep
- Easing of tired, sore muscles
- General feeling of improved wellbeing
- Reduction in stiffness in the body
- Relieving muscle spasms and cramps
Cold stone massage is an effective way to rejuvenate the body and mind. It is great for working congested sinuses, soothing puffy eyes and easing headaches. Contrast therapy involves using a combination of cold and hot stones. Alternating between hot and cold stones during facial massage leaves the face feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
How can Cold Stone Massage help me?
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing swelling
- Boosting energy and leaving you feeling rejuvenated
- Relieving congested sinuses
- Reducing puffiness under eyes
- Pain relief (particularly for sprains and strains)
- Aching joints
- Repetitive strain injuries (eg, tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow)
Massage is performed with oil then with the stones. Placement stones are positioned on the body thus creating deeper relaxation whilst other areas are being massaged.
Who can have hot and cold stone massage treatments?
Treatment is generally suitable for everyone, however in some circumstances it is not appropriate. For example, if you have a heart condition, peripheral neuropathy, easily inflamed skin, etc. We will have a consultation with you before we begin your treatment. This ensures its safe to proceed and we can adapt the treatment according to your needs.